Meridia is a commonly available online pill. You may be able to buy cheap and authentic Meridia pills at various online pharmacies and retail stores. Online prices of the medication are always significantly lower than the retail prices. So, buying Meridia online saves a lot of money. Moreover, buying Meridia online comes with a whole host of benefits such as quicker delivery, a dedicated team of online pharmacists and customer support executives. Most Meridia pills available online are sold under the FDA guidelines and are subject to stringent quality checks.
What does the drug Meridia contain?
Meridia is an oral anorexiant. It contains the active ingredient sibutramine which is a centrally acting, norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor similar to amphetamines. It is classified as a Schedule IV controlled substance in the US. Meridia is often prescribed as weight loss drug and is known to affect chemicals in the brain.
How should you take Meridia?
- Take Meridia with plenty of water. It may be taken either before or after food.
- Unless otherwise indicated, Meridia should be taken in the morning to avoid any sleeping problems.
- Even if you do happen to miss a dose of Meridia, skip the missed one and go back to the regular dosing schedule.
What is the reaction mechanism of Meridia drug in the body?
Meridia is absorbed into the GI tract, but undergoes first pass metabolism thereby reducing its bioavailability. The drug reaches its peak plasma levels within an hour after taking the medication. Peak plasma concentrations of the active metabolites are reached within 1 or 2 hours. This is then finally excreted through urine.
The drug is known to affect neurotransmitters in the brain which are released by the nerves in order to communicate with the other nerves. Sibutramine the active ingredient in Meridia is known to block the reuptake of neurotransmitters dopamine, norepinephrine and serotonin. This blockage in turn affects the blockage of nerve function in the body. The drug itself is known to cause a 5-10% reduction in baseline weight after being taken for a period of two to three months. Additionally the drug has led to an improvement in the blood lipids (e.g. cholesterol)
What dosages are advisable for patients prescribed with Meridia?
The recommended dosage for Meridia is often 10mg administered once daily with or without food. If the patient does not experience much weight loss even after two or three months then the dosage may be raised to 15mg every day. The blood pressure levels and the heart rates have to be monitored constantly when taking the medicine.
It is usually the case that nearly 60% of the patients prescribed with Meridia tend to lose at least 4 pounds within the first four weeks of administration and when combined with an appropriate diet plan they tend to lose weight quickly and slowly move towards physical exercises to maintain their body shape and size.
What side effects may be caused by taking Meridia?
- Meridia is known to cause dizziness or blurred vision. These effects may be aggravated if you take it with alcohol or certain medicines. Do not drive or perform any unsafe tasks when on the medication.
- Do not drink alcohol or use any medicines that may cause drowsiness while on Meridia.
- You may experience differences in diet or eating habits primarily because of the medication.
- A high number of cardiovascular diseases have been observed with people taking the medication for longer periods of time.
- Meridia has also caused increased blood pressure and heart rate in some patients. Therefore regular monitoring needs to be performed by the medical practitioner and the dietician.
- Moreover patients may also experience regular symptoms such as seizures, urination issues, bruising, melena, chest pain, abnormal vision, and edema.
Who must not take Meridia?
- Patients who are suffering from any allergies due to Meridia are not advised to take the drug.
- Those who are suffering from eating disorders are also recommended not to take Meridia.
- Similarly those suffering from kidney or liver problems, heart problems, high blood pressure, bleeding problems are not recommended to take the medication.
- Also if you are suffering from a history of mood or mental problems, or if have been frequently encountering suicidal thoughts or action then this drug may not be recommended for you.